August 7, 2011

Studio Voyeur

I know I am a voyeur - I.E. observer, investigator of - other artist STUDIOS. I confess I have studio -envy. In early July I got to visit the studio of LaVonne Tarbox-Crone,www.tarboxcrone.com.

I first met LaVonne in Guatemala. She and I worked as volunteers on the culinary crew of the Cascade Medical Team. That is we chopped and prepared dinners for the Medical team from primarily the Portland and Eugene, Oregon area. LaVonne is one terrific chopper. She also is an upbeat personality who is up for a a challenge. On those rare moments of time off at our Lake Atitlan location she could be found with sketchbook in hand creating quick water color sketches. If you would like to see her finished studio pieces definitely check out her website.  LaVonne is an accomplished water colorist and artist teacher. I got to check out  her home base as I said in July.
LaVonne says she lives "in a bouquet"! Indeed she does, she is an accomplished gardener as well as artist. Check it out!

The garden pulls you out into its center whether you are inside or out on the terrace. Her  studio/workshop/great room peers into her garden.

Take a trip to LaVonne's website and look at her art work it is a trip well worth taking.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails