June 4, 2010

Mysterious Craftsmen

                        In Beauty
may I walk  
All day long
may I walk 
Through the returning seasons
may I walk
Beautifully will I possess again
Beautifully birds
Beautifully joyful birds 
On the trail marked with pollen
may I walk
With grasshoppers about my feet
may I walk
With dew about my feet
may I walk
With beauty may I walk
With beauty before me
may I walk
With beauty above me
may I walk
With beauty all around me                            
may I walk
In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty, lively,
may I walk
In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty,
 living again,                                 
It is finished in beauty. 
It is finished in beauty.

From the Navajo
photos from May 2010 visit

Chaco Canyon, inhabited for 300 years
between 800AD to 1200AD, a planned
community with beautiful masonry, a community of ancestral Pueblan culture. In what is today known as northern New Mexico. Find out more in the beautifully written "House of Rain", by Craig  Childshttp://www.houseofrain.com/. Also check out this film narrated by Robert Redford.http://www.solsticeproject.org/


 Put this magical valley on your "Bucket List".

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails