May 4, 2010

Sounding Out

Thought I would be out of the studio by now and working outside/Plein aire. It is still a little nippy to sit or stand, observe, respond and paint. So I have been inside trying to work trying to challenge myself to quickly and intuitively solve visual problems instead of overworking them.
Had a wonderful respite. One of my all time favorite musicians was in town- Lyle Lovett. I love to listen to him. His music is so lush and he is so thoughtful.  He performed for a fundraiser at Colorado Academy. In a gymnasium with only 700 other people I was able to see and hear him. His musicianship and artistry are so strong. Take a peek at the video which I have attached and it might remind you as it did me of the paintings of the Belgian surrealist painter  Rene Magritte.


"l'Homme au Chapeau Melon" by Rene Magritte in 1964.




1 comment:

Lila said...

you and my sister should be friends. She loves Lyle Lovett!
Lila Ferraro
Queen Bedroom Sets

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails