December 1, 2008

Unknowingly Influenced




When I received the recent edition of the blog " The Pastel Journal" I was delighted to see the opportunity to view a video on Odilon Redon. I first discovered Odilon Redon when I was about 10 and spending and hour or so looking through my Mom's art books. When I came upon a drawing of flowers in a vase painted as I had never seen before I was mesmerized. What fascinated me even more was the magical two words printed underneath - "Odilon Redon". Whispering those two words I fell in love with the sound. It took me some while to figure out that Odilon Redon was the name of the artist and not the art work. So began my love of the french language and the desire to work with pastels.




If you would like to find out more about Odilon Redon let me introduce you to an autobiography written using notes and journals of Odilon Redon. "To Myself"Notes on Life, Art, and Artists, by Odilon Redon.

Soon:
You will find a variety of blogs listed here about France and from fellow francophiles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carole,

I just finished reading all of your blogs, WOW !!! I am excited about your life and your paintings. This painting could have been my dreams last night. I can't believe you were in Puerto Vallarta for your birthday and didn't call on me. I am going to sign up for your blog right now. I am Kristi's MOM from French-Word-A-Day.

I also love your painting of the tree in the snow.

XOXO

JULES

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails