April 1, 2013

Re-entry- I'm Back!!




Actually I  have been back for almost a month. We returned from our now annual Guatemalan adventure around the 11th of March. We volunteer with the Cascade Medical Team in the Highlands of  Guatemala, and have done so for the past 6 years. Here is the link in case you want to know more http://www.cascademedicalteam.org/. This is a remarkably intense and rewarding experience. When my husband and I first thought we would participate we assumed we would only be involved one year. Here we are 6 years later. 
I have fallen in love with Guatemala and look forward each year to the time  getting to know the culture  better. 



These are the patients of the Cascade Medical Team waiting to be Triaged in 2 days before the official opening date.


These are members of the kitchen crew. You can see the beautiful high spirits that pervade.
I have found what I  have always loved, working physically hard, thinking hard, re-evaluating hard and being surprised! I love it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails